Earn 80,000 Bonus Points With The Platinum Card® from American Express
American Express is a PzDeals.com advertiser.
- 80,000 Membership Rewards Points awarded after $6,000 spend in first 6 months of card membership.
- 5 points per $1 spent on flights via airlines or American Express Travel (up to $500,000 of purchases)
- Huge statement credits for travel, entertainment, and Walmart+ membership
- Entry and exclusive perks to The American Express Global Lounge Collection
- $695 annual fee*
- No foreign transaction fee
- *Rates and Fees; terms apply
American Express is offering a whopping 80,000 Membership Rewards Points (redeemable for $800 in travel) for new The Platinum Card® from American Express card holders who spend $6,000+ in the first 6 months of card opening. If that $6,000 is spent on travel from American Express Travel, you'll have 110,000 points (redeemable for $1,100 in travel) at the end of the 6 months. If you use the $6,000 on anything else, you'll have 86,000 points (redeemable for $860 in travel) at the end of the 6 months.
Statement Credits Offered:
- $200 statement credit on Fine Hotels + Resorts or The Hotel Collection bookings (minimum two-night stay)
- $240 in $20 monthly credits for memberships to Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times (enrollment required)
- $155 Walmart+ credit to cover monthly $12.95+tax membership
- $200 credit for airline fees at qualifying airline
- $200 Uber Cash and Uber VIP status
- $300 credit for Equinox+ fitness app or Equinox club membership (enrollment required)
- $189 CLEAR membership credit
- $100 credit to Saks Fifth Avenue in 2 $50 semi-annual credits
- $100 Global Entry credit or $85 TSA PreCheck credit
- Up to $800 to repair or replace a cell phone that was damaged or stolen
We did the math so you don't have to:
This card comes with some crazy statement credits that clearly add up to pay more than the annual fee on the card. If you think you're likely to use the $240 entertainment subscription, the $155 Walmart+ membership, the $200 airline fee credit, and the $200 Uber Cash, you're already getting a $795 value on a card that only costs $695 annually - and that doesn't even include the other great credits, benefits, and protections that this card offers.
The benefits on this card make it something special, especially for those who travel and can earn 5X points on those expenditures.
Not sure if you'll use all the credits? The first year, the 80,000 bonus points have a travel value of $800, which more than covers your first year's fee. Try it out and see how much you can get from the card with nothing to lose! We think you'll see how the benefits outweigh the cost.
If your application is pending, you can call the American Express reconsideration number at 1-877-399-3083 (new customers), 1-866-314-0237 (existing customers). Sometimes they need something as simple as a photo of your ID to get you approved!
- Learn more about the luxurious American Express Platinum Card HERE.
*Rates and Fees; terms apply
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Join the PzDeals WhatsApp group or Telegram channel for instant deal alert notifications!